When you’re hosting family or friends, it can be tricky to find a recipe that fits everyone’s dietary restrictions. A breakfast casserole is a delicious dish that is guaranteed to help every start the morning on the right foot. It’s filled with healthy ingredients and is an easy way to feed more than half a dozen hungry guests.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 1 cup spinach
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes
- ½ bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup broccoli, chopped
- ½ cup mushroom
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 large eggs
- ½ heavy cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a greased skillet over medium-high heat, cook minced garlic until fragrant.
- Add breakfast sausage to skillet and cook for about 10 minutes until browned.
- In another greased skillet over medium-high heat, cook vegetables. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream, 1 cup of cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- In a greased 9×9 casserole dish, evenly spread breakfast sausage and vegetables on the bottom.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Evenly spread remaining 1 cup of cheese over everything.
- Bake for at least 30 minutes until eggs are set and cheese is melted.