This keto taco soup recipe is just plain delicious and the key to a healthier Taco Tuesday. Trust me, you won’t even realize the tortilla is missing when you’re hit with the wonderful flavors in this soup. Better yet – it uses an Instant Pot and is ready in less than 30 minutes!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 lbs ground turkey or beef
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 20 oz diced tomatoes with chilis
- 32 oz beef (or bone) broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Optional: sliced black olives, sliced jalapeno peppers, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream
- Using the “sauté” setting, brown the ground meat in the Instant Pot. Drain excess grease if necessary.
- Stir in garlic, seasonings, diced tomatoes, broth, salt, and pepper.
- Cover Instant Pot and cook on “soup” setting for 5 minutes.
- When time is up, allow pot to depressurize and sit with valve closed for at least 10 minutes.
- Carefully open vent valve and remove lid.
- Stir in cream cheese and heavy cream.
- Serve with optional toppings.