One of the most affordable and convenient one box and skillet dinners is the Hamburger Helper. It’s arguably a classic childhood meal and satisfied even the pickiest eater at the table. This dish has the perfect combination of savory and cheesy goodness but unfortunately doesn’t always offer the best nutritious benefits. We’ve adjusted the recipe to be low carb and keto-friendly by replacing the pasta with cauliflower. This healthier alternative is just as easy to prepare as the original!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped into bite-size pieces
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp sugar free ketchup or tomato paste
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion power
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Using a 12-inch cast iron skillet, brown the ground meat over medium heat for about 15 minutes until cooked.
- Drain excess fat and return to skillet.
- Add cauliflower, heavy cream, water, ketchup, mustard, and spices to the skillet and stir well.
- Bring to boil, reduce to simmer, and cover for about 10 minutes until the cauliflower is soft. Stir every few minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in cheddar cheese. Cover for 2 minutes until the cheese melts. Stir well.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and enjoy!