Lasagna may be one of the best comfort foods. It’s filling, delicious, and one of the best meals to share with friends and family. If you’re craving this top Italian dish, we have a keto-friendly version that’s simply and still packed with all the wonderful ingredients of a typical lasagna. This recipe omits the noodles but doesn’t miss out on key flavors. Give it a try and tell us what you think!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
- 1½ lb ground beef, ground turkey, and/or Italian sausage
- ½ white onion, diced
- 1½ cup marinara sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder, divided
- 2 tsp oregano, divided
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a 12-inch cast iron skillet, brown the ground meat over medium heat for about 15 minutes until cooked.
- Drain excess fat and return to skillet.
- Add onion to the skillet and sauté with meat for about 3-5 minutes until translucent.
- Pour marinara sauce, ½ tsp garlic powder, and 1 tsp oregano into the same skillet and simmer for at least 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix the ricotta, ½ cup mozzarella, and ½ parmesan. Add remaining oregano, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until completely combined.
- Remove skillet from heat and spread the meat mixture into an even layer. Place and push spoonfuls of the cheese mixture over the skillet until the cheese reaches the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle skillet with remaining cheese and bake for about 20 minutes until the lasagna bubbles and cheese turns golden brown.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and enjoy!